Friday, May 22, 2009

fastfood@home: Red Robin Seasoning

RedRobinseasoning If you've been into Red Robin, you'll notice they have big shakers full of this seasoning on the tables. It's great on those bottomless steak fries. But you can have it at home too. Ore-Ida offers all kinds of fries in the freezer aisle, including ones that look and taste just like Red Robin's fries. I find that if you cook the fries longer than the directions say, they'll lose that freezer taste.

Just mix this seasoning up and sprinkle on fries, burgers and even steak and chicken. For the life of me, I couldn't find dry tomato soup mix in the stores. But I did find dried tomatoes that I just put into a coffee grinder until it was powdered. It turned out just fine. I'm thinking dried tomato powder may have other applications in the kitchen.

Ingredients

3 tablespoons salt

1 tablespoon instant tomato soup mix 

2 teaspoons chili powder

1/4 teaspoon cumin

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions

Just mix together and add to a salt shaker.

1 comment:

  1. I've tried that seasoning on fries at home...it's very good!

    ReplyDelete