The best part about KFC besides the chicken, is the biscuits with “butter” and “honey spread.” They are light, fluffy and oh so good. I’ve gone through the drive-thru just for an order of four to take home. Of course, I suggest using your own real butter and farmers’ market honey. Better yet, avoid the drive-thru and make them at home instead.This recipe is the best biscuits I’ve ever had. The buttermilk gives the dough that bit of zing. And once they’re cooking, they fluff up, making their own splits across the middle. If you’re tired of biscuits that feel like hockey pucks, try these. And instead of Bisquick, try the homemade Bisquick recipe here.
2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
2/3 cups buttermilk
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine the baking mix, buttermilk, sugar, salt, and half of the melted butter in a medium bowl. Mix until well-blended.
3. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead for about 30 seconds, or until dough becomes elastic.
4. Roll dough to about 3/4 inch thick and punch out biscuits using a 3 inch cutter. Arrange the punched-out dough on an ungreased baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes in 450° F oven, until the biscuits are golden on top and have doubled in height.
5. Remove the biscuits from the oven and immediately brush each one with a light coating of the remaining melted butter. Serve warm.Read more!