Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Easy Italian Meatballs

Easy Italian MeatballsIt’s the time of year when you want something comforting and hearty for dinner. That usually means meat in my house. I could make meatloaf, but I wanted something a little different. So I decided on meatballs. After all, they’re almost like mini meatloaves.

But this recipe didn’t taste like any meatloaf I’ve ever eaten. Each meatball was packed with flavor from parmesan, garlic and spices.

Easy Italian Meatballs

I wasn’t really sure how to make meatballs, but it turns out they are really easy. I just thoroughly mixed all the ingredients in a big bowl with a spoon. Then I used my hands to roll medium-sized balls and laid them on a foil-lined cookie sheet.

The smell from the oven was great, so I hoped they would taste just as good. And sure enough, they were awesome. They would be a great addition to pasta or especially a meatball sandwich.

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 large egg, slightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (or use enough to hold the meat together)
  • 2 large cloves of garlic, minced (or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste)
  • 1 teaspoon salt 
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tablespoons dried parsley)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.

  2. Shape into medium-sized meatballs (at this point you can place on a baking sheet and freeze to use later, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours before using).

  3. Bake the meatballs at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until cooked through.

  4. Add to your favorite, simmering pot of pasta sauce.

Easy Italian Meatballs

No comments:

Post a Comment